1: Volvo Penta MD2040 Inboard diesel 38 horsepowerSail 2003
Kailani is an excellent example of the C&C 121, the flagship of the C&C Express series. The 121 is a sporty cruiser/racer with excellent sailing performance and roomy accommodations.
Highlights of this well-equipped and upgraded 2003 C&C 121 include:
• Aristo Blue Awlgrip Hull (2014)
• Upgraded B&G Electronics (2015)
• Leisure Furl Boom
• Electric Primary Winches
• New Cabin Sole (2016)
• New Headstay and Harken Roller Furler (2019)
• Doyle 135% Roller Furling Jib (2016)
The list goes on and on. See the full specifications for more information and then call or email to schedule your appointment to see Kailani.
The C&C 121 offers well planned interior accommodations featuring two private cabins flanking a roomy and comfortable main salon. The interior is highlighted by varnished cherry cabinetry and trim and a recently updated teak and holly sole (2016).
The forward stateroom offers a large V-berth with an overhead hatch for light and ventilation. There are shelves and storage cabinets outboard and above to port and starboard. Hanging lockers are aft of the berth to port and starboard. A cherry bulkhead and door separate the forward stateroom from the main salon for privacy.
The main salon features an L-shaped settee to port and a straight settee to starboard, both in navy leather, framing a beautiful center-line drop leaf dining table. Storage is provided outboard in lockers and shelving. There is also storage below the settees. There are two 110 AC outlets located on each side of the salon. Light and ventilation are provided by three fixed ports and three overhead hatches. A Dynex flat screen TV is mounted to the forward bulkhead just in front of the port settee.
To starboard, aft of the settee, is the forward facing nav station with chart table, 110 AC and 12 volt DC breaker panels, B&G multi-function display, ICOM VHF, inverter control panel, Jensen stereo, fuel tank gauge, Sea Frost controller, and 12v outlets. The main battery switch is located just below the navigator’s seat.
Aft of the nav station to starboard is large head with separate stall shower, Jabsco marine toilet with holding tank, a solid surface vanity with a stainless steel sink, and a mirror and storage above.
The U-shaped galley is to port, just aft of the main salon. It features expansive counter space with twin stainless steel sinks, a gimbaled three burner Force 10 LPG stove with oven, and an Origo microwave oven. The front and top loading refrigerator/freezer featuring Sea Front 12v refrigerator was updated in 2014.
Aft of the galley to port is a large quarter berth cabin with overhead shelving and storage and a wide hanging locker. An opening port provides ventilation and nature light. The Volvo Penta diesel engine is easily accessed through an insulated engine box that doubles as an extra stateroom shelf.
The hull was painted Aristo Blue Awlgrip in 2014, with a double Matterhorn White boot-stripe and cove stripe. A stainless steel bow pulpit, side stanchions and stern rail, and with black life lines offer security while on deck. There are boarding gates to port and starboard and at the transom. Additional features include:
- Cockpit Dodger
- Lifesling man-overboard system
- Fortress FX-23 anchor and nylon rode
- Manual cockpit bilge pump
- Retractable swim platform
- Swim ladder
- Three cockpit port lights
- Externally ballasted fin keel
- Spade rudder
Electronics upgraded with new B&G system in 2015.
- B&G Multifunction display at Pedestal
- B&G Data displays (3) at Pedestal
- B&D Data display on cabin house to starboard
- Ritchie Pedestal mounted compass
- B&G Multifunction display
- ICOM IC-M402 VHF
- AIS (Automatic Identification System)
- Dynex Flat Panel TV mounted on forward bulkhead in the main salon
- Jensen DVD/Receiver (2007)
- Bose Speakers (2) in Salon
- Bose Speakers (2) in Cockpit
- Volvo Penta MD2040 38 hp diesel inboard engine
- Volvo 120 SE Saildrive
- Folding 2 blade Volvo propeller (17” x 14”)
- Closed fresh water cooling with heat exchanger
- Engine room sound insulation
- 12 volt DC automatic bilge pumps
- Manually operated emergency bilge pump
- Racor fuel water separator
- Force Ten 6 gallon water heater
- 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC power
- 30 amp shore power with cord
- Heart Freedom 10 2000 watt Inverter/Charger
- Battery Selector Switch
- Three (3) deep cell Group 27 batteries
- 110 volt AC outlets throughout (GFI Protected)
- 2016 Doyle 135% Roller Furling Jib
- 2006 Quantum Fully Battened Main
- 2003 Genoa
- 3 spreader Offshore spar (white)
- Leisure Furl Boom
- Harken Roller Furler and new headstay (2019)
- Rod Rigging
- Fore Spar Rigid Vang
- Electric Primary Winches Harken #58, 2 speed self tailing
- Secondary Winches, Harken #48, 2 speed self tailing
- Port Housetop Winch, Harken #44, 2 speed self tailing
- Starboard Housetop Winch, Electric Harken #44, 2 speed self tailing
- Ten (10) Spinlock Clutches
- Harken adjustable genoa tracks and cars
- Harken mainsheet traveler on housetop
- Full spinnaker gear (no spinnaker)
- Aluminum spinnaker pole
- Navtec Hydraulic Backstay
- 54” Mini-Maxi Wheel with Leather grip
- Whitlock steering system with wheel and pedestal and solid rod to the tiller arm
Contact the listing broker, Andrew Savage, for additional information. Cell #:617-851-1133; e-mail: [email protected]